Sunday, July 26, 2009

52media UPDATE: We're not back, just still here!

Thanks to many folks at the Artist Area Bulletin Board, my online family of some of today's most talented, innovative and outspoken Indie artists spread throughout the world, I decided to continue on with the ole bastard, 52media and had a friend keep our domain active and get this blog out of mothballs.

That friend, Barry Z, owns www.1usa.com and you can check out his Indie ISP (one of the few that are left) by clicking on www.52media.com in appreciation of him "being there" for me during these tough economic times.

I've been posting online since 1991 and LLC'd 52nd stream media, unltd. in 1999 here in Kentucky. I gave my ex-lawyer like 49% of it for about $40 work and gas money for going to the state capital and registering it for me. Fortunately, he's a lawyer and an asshole like all lawyers are, so he gave me back the company 4 years ago after the smell of potential money wore off for him. Back in 2004 I placed 52 in mothballs due to economics of our primary focus, streaming media, just got out of hand and I could not afford to continue with my dwindling savings, yet 52 is still hanging out and doesn't owe anything to anybody, which in this economy is a good start, I guess.

Well, this past week I was speaking with the CEO of company and he was telling us about a 10 MB fiber connection that he just installed at their office. This got my wheels spinning and I asked him if he would like a dedicated ShoutCast radio station filled with some of today's finest unsigned artists which promoted his company and their unique and affordable rural high speed Internet solutions 24/7 utilizing the bandwidth that he was already paying for and he said YES!

While nothing is set in stone yet, this gives me hope that someday soon the old bastard, 52, might get a new life!

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for listening.

Regards,

Thomas-
52nd stream media, unltd.
Louisville Kentucky
My music Blog
My damn music
five2media at yahoo.com

No comments: