Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Frank Zappa Rules




I just noticed this weekend that a Zappa plays Zappa show is in town, his family and invited guests (Vai, etc.) are touring playing the old standards, gawd I wish I could see that!!!

I first heard him in the late 70's and as a kid 'got' his sense of humor immediately. The musicianship on his albums was both incredible and quirky. What a personality. He worked with John Lennon on 1/2 an album, that is cool as hell in my book. I bought his girl's "Valley Girl" 45 in fact, bought that song as well as "Yellow Snow" and "King Tutt" (Steve Martin) at the same time. I recorded an original song in the early 90's with a Zappa Freak band called the Naked Entrepreneurs called "Waiting for the Bus" I should dig out for you all sometime.

Gawd I miss singles....Flo

No comments: