Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Kentucky Congressional Race is Heating Up

Let the mud slinging commence. It's worse and more interesting to me for one of Louisville's congressional seats: Anne Northup (8 year incumbant) versus John Yarmuth (local publisher of the LEO - louisville eccentric observer)

He accuses her and Bush of 'failing the country'.

She blasts back with a possible Federal Election Commission investigation and an entire website.

www.theyarmuthrecord.com/

Unfortunate for him he has 20+ years of editorials for...

Ending Social Security
Doubling the Payroll Tax (taxes suck, I'm for a Nat'l sales tax myself)
Taxing SUV's & Pickup Trucks (which are built in Kentucky, this one's gonna kill him)
Taking "Under God" Out of the Pledge of Allegiance (whatever)
On Lowering the Drinking Age (ahhh NO)
On Legalizing Marijuana (this actually is a non-issue to me, this state can sure use the revenue and taxes from this)
On the National Rifle Association /Gun Control

On Gay Marriage (non issue to me, people who are commited should be able to marry and enjoy the advantages)
On Abortion
On Burning the American Flag (while I'm for free speach I'm equally for respect)
On Louisville's South End
On Prescription Drug Plan
On the Death Penalty
On Art and Religion
On Serving in Elected Office and Observations About Himself

I vote on records, Anne has done incredible things for the state, I'm keeping her...Flo

No comments: