Friday, November 19, 2010

My favorite "Driving" song


My all time favorite driving song is by a NC band from the late 80s called the Connells.

I couldn't find it on youtube but Rhapsody has is streamed off their site at the link below. 12th song from the top.

While not that heavy, the music just goes great with driving extremely fast, it just continues to build and build, and is perfect especially while driving in a Porsche 928 which I recommend highly.

I had the pleasure of picking one up back in 1997 for my girl's uncle in Dayton Ohio. The ride back to Louisville and the music I had planned/brought with me was just perfect. I ended the trip with Buddy Holly's "True Love Ways" as I pulled into his driveway and the sun was setting. I stuck my head out of the sunroof and yelled "She's home boss" to him.

I will never forget that day for as long as I live.

Link: http://www.rhapsody.com/the-connells

2 comments:

Ernie Muppet said...

That is awesome. I've loved the 928 since I first saw "Risky Business" around '85 or so.

And I was just rocking out to this the other day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdLLmeBLJao

Hope all is well!

Blaine-O

52media said...

EM, ahh another Connells fan. Great to meetcha. F&G was actually the 1st CD that I ever bought, great record. You ever seen them? I can count on my hands, your's and 10 of your friend's hand the amount of times I've seen them. Thanks for stopping in, I just dug ole 52 outta mothballs. I appreciate it...TW