Sunday, May 22, 2011

Starbucks


I've been thinking of this all day since I first saw this photo this morning.

I was 9 years old back in the late 70s and I loved the BSG TV show and watched it religiously while it was on. Star Wars had come just out a few years earlier and I couldn't get enough of that movie, its comic books and anything else that I could get my hands on regarding it.

Several years ago I heard about the BSG series update and watched the 1st couple of movies and I fell in love all over again with the stories and esp. the characters, even though they were sooooooo different IE a Hispanic Adama and a female Starbuck. WTF?

While it wasn't nearly the same as it was in my youth and was a HUGE departure...it was on a much larger scale and had better story telling and actually combined scifi, action, humor and most incredibly...politics and socio-economics onto an adult level and made this kid story into a brilliant weekly series which kept me on the edge of my seat.

Well this photo just juxtaposed both of my world's and IMO is one of my favorites ever.

God bless Starbucks.

No comments: