Monday, May 02, 2011

the most important songs in my entire life !!!!

Hank Williams "Hey good Lookin'" - I remember singing this one as a kid, the melody and hook definitely helped me get interested in songwriting
The Carter Family "Wildwood Flower" - a simple classic, nothing better

Buddy Holly - "True Love Ways"- hearing this song just makes me feel happy, safe and gets me longing for the 'good ole days' whatever that means

John Lennon "Love" - simple...perfect...close 2nd "Woman"

The Replacements "Swingin' Party" - Shelli and my song, takes us back to the days/years when we were 1st together

Elvis Costello & Burt Bacharach - "God Give Me Strength" - when these 2 great songwriters came together - something larger than the 2 of them clicked on this song.
R.E.M. "Good Advices" - the bridge of this knocks me over...been attempting to write a song this good since I 1st heard it.

Red House Painters "Katy Song" - there's something about this band that when feeling down, listening to them somehow makes me feel better

The Smiths "I Know It's Over" - a perfect combination hitting their stride and writing the perfect song which IMO defined the band

No comments: